We need your help and support
Supporting us on our epic adventure doesn’t necessarily just mean sponsoring us, although obviously we’d like you to do that! So, here’s 8 ways you can support us as we row around the UK:
- TEXT UKRO99 £x to 70070 where ‘x’ is the amount you want to donate/sponsor us (e.g. UKRO99 £20)
- Donate/sponsor us online via our Virgin Money Giving page
- Help Julia Gracey find berthing for our boat and accommodation for the crew as we navigate around the UK – each day we need to be able to moor our boat and get a good night sleep, unfortunately we can only do this a few days in advance as we can’t guarantee (because of the tides and weather) our location day by day until we start rowing each day. If you think you know someone who might be able to put us and our Surf Boat up for the night (preferably free of charge) as we travel around the UK, please drop Julia an email with the details of how you can help
- Tell your local press contacts about us – on our Media page they’ll find information, logos and a press release they can use for newspaper and online articles; the greater the exposure our adventure gets the greater the support for us and our two charities
- Follow us on Twitter (@UKCharityRow15 on Twitter) and retweet our tweets to your followers – we tend to tweet daily (thanks to Flavourfy who manages our Twitter account for us) including tweets about our progress and where we’re hoping to reach week by week – a simple retweet could spread our messages to literally hundreds of thousands of people. If you post your own tweets about us, don’t forget to mention our Twitter handle (@ukcharityrow15 and our hashtag #ukcharityrow15)
- Like us on Facebook and share the posts, photo albums and videos we put on our Facebook page – just like with Twitter, the more our posts get shared the wider potential reach of our journey, and again, thanks to Flavourfy who also manages our Facebook page for us, we tend to post new content daily to Facebook, so tell your friends about us by sharing
- Follow us on Google+ and look out for videos and other information about our progress (thankfully we have Cracking Media looking after our Google+ presence and working on our video content) and again, share and +1 our content for greater reach of our content which in turn will help spread the word about our adventures around the UK.
- Regularly visit our website and share the content we post in our progress updates or our latest blog posts – you can easily keep up to date on new posts by joining our email list or subscribing for email updates (see the footer of our website for details)
We have a great opportunity to raise a significant amount of money for our two charities and we need your help to spread the word so that we achieve our target so that our adventure is a success – so get donating and get sharing online. Thanks.